Having been a bit rushed to get to Raheny on Sunday, the group made sure to leave in plenty of time to make it to All Saints Church on Monday morning, the first day of camp. It was a good thing we gave ourselves plenty of time, because one group got on a bus going the wrong way, but thankfully figured it out in time to make it back to the others before the event kicked off.
The Holiday Bible Camp runs from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM and features drama, arts and crafts, games, music, dance, and plenty of other frenetic activity. Our teens fully embraced each and every child who arrived and they immediately put the children's parents at ease by their sheer enthusiasm and joy. A couple of the teens from the All Saints Church are also involved in leading the camp and it's been great to them and our group interact together. The youth did such a great job of leading the activities, a few of us adults went out to spread a some more leaflets around the community to promote the event.
After camp wrapped up, we had a quick lunch of sandwiches, crisps, and fruit before heading back into town for a Viking Splash Tour of Dublin!
We next had a great wood-fired pizza dinner, before Juli and I split from the group to enjoy a birthday pint at TP Smith's. Yes, I celebrated my 49th birthday yesterday - I am officially in my late 40s now! At 9 PM, the group gathered for a devotional in the courtyard of our hotel, as is the daily custom. Beth Abraham has put together written devotionals that our group reads together and discusses each evening, and they have encouraged deep reflection from the group. Not only did I, but Jennelle Hunnicut also celebrated her birthday yesterday (I'm sure she's much younger than me), so we were serenaded by the group before we all wandered off to our respective rooms. As I type this, the gang is about to head back to Raheny for camp day two! - Shay


No comments:
Post a Comment