Thursday was Philip Morrison's and my day off, so we took the bus out to do the Trim Castle tour. Trim Castle was built in the 12th century and served as the backdrop for 4 different cities in Braveheart. It's amazing what props and angles can do when filming. This was all before CGI - I think the old school directors (take a bow Mel Gibson) were even better than the ones today since they couldn't cheat with computer technology as much.
Anyway, we had a blast doing the tour and were able to get back to Raheny in time to grab a burger and listen to Kevin Ronne, the All Saints rector, explain how Christ is using him to serve in Ireland.
The teens finished day four of camp and again had 16 campers who were all given a brand-new Bible. As they had done all week, they poured their hearts and souls into the children, and I have no doubt that they made a lasting impact.
We then had to quickly dart over to the Dart to catch the 16:33 train to Howth where we did the cliff walk out to a view of the Bailey Light House and then hiked back into Howth village for dinner at Findlaters.
We managed to arrive back at the hotel around 10:00 PM and I hastily packed up, as my flight back home left on Friday morning. But thankfully, the teens and most of the adults still had one more day in Ireland. Though I wasn't there with them, I'll do my best to describe what they did in the next blog. Until then. - Shay






No comments:
Post a Comment