Monday, August 7, 2017

The Best Decade Yet

When I turned 20, I was excited to finally get into an adult decade.  When I turned 30, I was excited because I felt like I might get a little more respect amongst my older colleagues.  I also began to realize that I was the age Jesus was when he began to minister.  Thankfully, I've had a longer ministry than Jesus though.  That's the only thing that I'll ever outdo Jesus in!

Now that I've turned 40, I'm excited just because its always good to turn a day, a year, or even decade older.  I have neither the dread of being in my 40s, nor am I feeling any kind of a mid-life crisis beginning to emerge.  40 just seems like one number more than 39, which felt like one year more than 38.  I can safely say that each decade of my life has been better than the last.  So, I expect the 40s to be the best decade yet! - Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment